- Eat Local First Campaign - Connecting farmers with more local market support and eaters with more local food.
- The Whatcom Food & Farm Finder - Comprehensive map & guide of local farms and food businesses. Click to view online. Click for the Google map.
- Eat Local Month - Every September, a flavorful and festive celebration of local food; read the City/County joint Eat Local Month proclamation!
- Whatcom County Farm Tour - Always the 2nd Saturday in September, it's a fantastic, free and family friendly self-guided farm tour
- Food & Farming E-News - Our "all things local food" monthly e-newsletter. Sign up by clicking the box in the right-hand tool bar below
Creating strong business to business trade relationships
- Farm to Table Trade Meetings, chef/ buyer farm tours, farm walks and business enhancing workshops
- Workplace CSAs: We set businesses up with the resources they need to connect with farmers for weekly deliveries to their workplace
- Resource library, other Resources for Local Producers, and the Whatcom Farmers' list-serv all offer opportunities to share information and learn from others.
Growing a sustainable, resilient food system
- Food to Bank On - A three-year farmer incubation project that connects beginning sustainable farmers with business training, markets and mentorship, while providing farm-fresh product to food banks and shelters.
- Collaboration and coordination - We work with the greater farming and food community and also facilitate meetings and host group efforts. Click to see a list of our core collaborators!
- Whatcom Food Network - Many organizations are working toward improving the food system in Whatcom County, from farm to fork, to food disposal by building partnerships to create a more just and coordinated food system! We co-chair the planning committee.
- Extensive communications, marketing and media about local farms, local food business and related food system issues or trends keep everyone in the local food loop!
Good Food IS Good Business!